BIIAB Level 2 Award in Drugs Awareness for Licensed Hospitality Staff (ADA)
The BIIAB Level 2 Award in Drugs Awareness for Licensed Hospitality Staff (ADA) is designed to give premises and personal licence holders, managers and all front line staff a basic knowledge and understanding of the law pertaining to the misuse and supply of controlled drugs on licensed premises. It includes rational guidelines to help them deal effectively with and prevent any drug related problems in their premises.
NB This course is booked on a group basis for a minimum of 4 candidates (subject to conditions )
The course covers the following aspects:
- General drug trends and who to approach for regional information drugs legislation which may affect liquor licensed premises and public entertainment licensed premises under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- The law and processes concerning revocation of a licence in relation to drugs offences
- The need for a two-way exchange of information between the designated premises supervisor and the licensing authorities.
- Demonstration of drug problems peculiar to licensed premises according to location and type
- How to initiate a drug strategy (drug policy)
- Needs assessment
- How to deal with drug users and dealers
- How to comply with the requirements of finding or confiscating drugs
- How to comply with the requirements of disposal of suspect substances (found/confiscated drugs)
- How to keep an incident record identify
- How to design out drugs from a venue and the use of closed circuit television (CCTV )
- How to comply with the requirements of public safety
- The need for multi-agency liaison and the importance of partnership with the relevant authorities
- How to implement and monitor a drug strategy.
Poppleston Allen is committed to equality of opportunity in training delivery and in employment - for further details please contact us.
All complaints to be put in writing for the attention of Mr J Smith, Poppleston Allen, 37 Stoney Street, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1LS.